Beth Bakes: Healthy Cranberry Walnut Muffins

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Hey friends! I hope you enjoyed the day so far and have even more fun as we head into the evening! I know I usually post in the morning but I just couldn't find the time until now! I had to grocery shop earlier and it was absolute crazy town! I could barely getting a park spot let alone a shopping cart. I guess with the Super Bowl and the snow coming people are stocking up! Me, I'm just trying to get my weekly shopping done! I've never experienced anything like it. Anyway, I digress.

I've got a real quick but super delicious muffin recipe to share with you! I haven't been doing much baking or cooking new recipes but the one night after look through healthy italian's website I got inspired! She made these beautiful almond cranberry muffins. I was looking at the list of ingredients and sadly I didn't have everything I needed. However, I improvised and came out with the best muffins I have made to this day!


This recipe makes 12 muffins but don't worry if you're like me and only baking for one they freeze beautifully and you can thaw them as you need.

Cranberry Walnut Muffins

2 cups organic oat flour
1/2 cup organic coconut flour
2 eggs
1 cup organic unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup almond milk
2/3 cup reduced sugar dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1. Preheat oven for 350
2. Use foil cupcake liners or grease cupcake pan
3. Divide the batter evenly. (The batter will be on the thick side)
4. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean
The muffins will look very dry and textured when they come out. However on the inside they are soft and fluffy! I happen to really like the contrast of a really crunch top and a soft inside. The coconut flour really adds such a unique taste to this already flavorful muffin. My Dad said he "liked them a lot." Which is basically winning the James Beard award from him.  He is tough to please in the baked goods department, unless it's a cookie.

I hope you enjoyed this recipe and let me know if you make them for yourself! I love to see all your photos and hearing from you! Don't forget to follow me on social media and join the conversation using #hauteinhell! Have a great rest of your weekend everyone and GO PATRIOTS!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!