Rave & Review: Vitacost Haul #3

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Hi friends! I hope you all had the happiest of Holidays, whatever you celebrate! I must have been a good little girl this year because Santa brought me the Kate Spade iPad Air glitter case I wanted. That's all I really asked for this year but naturally there was more under the tree. Anyway, let's talk about Vitacost! Vitacost to be is like Christmas on a regular day!
I buy enough products so that my shipping is always free and then I forget what I order. When the package arrives it's like Christmas morning wondering what could be in the box! I got this haul awhile ago and so I'm just about through with all of these products and it's time to place another order! If you haven't tried Vitacost yet, use my referral and get $10 off your first $30 purchase! On to the goods...

Dang Toasted Coconut Chips Caramel Sea Salt
I can't save the best for last. You have to know about these right away!! I bought these and my aunt bought the original and we both finished them in record time. I highly recommend this flavor. I am not big on salty products but I promise that it's more of a caramel flavor than salty notes. It's sweet but I don't mind sweet. I found them delicious on their own or topped on yogurt parfaits or coconut milk ice cream! My grocery store started carrying the original if they get this flavor, I'm in trouble.

Eden Foods Organic Pasta Company Kamut Spirals
I recently have tried to add more carbohydrates into my diet. I haven't abandoned my love of zoodles but I need to get some healthy grains as well. I chose this pasta for the high fiber and protein. To be honest I wouldn't be able to to tell the difference between this and a whole wheat noodle. They both a have a nutty, earthy flavor and the spirals hold onto the sauce perfectly. I think I got two boxes because it was a BOGO deal. My grocery store carries this brand and at a cheaper price so I'll be purchasing it again but from my grocery store.

Kind Fruit and Nut Bars Peanut Butter and Strawberry
Last two hauls I picked up Quest bars. I decided to mix it up, by getting a case of Kind bars. I had been eating Quest bars on the daily for over six months so I needed a break. I had commented on instagram that I've tried a few but I always feel like I'm going to break a tooth. Someone wrote back and suggested I try this flavor and the coconut almond as they are softer and more chewy. I took her advice as was pleased with the texture and flavor! I am a PB&J addict so I really love the nutty flavor mixed with the sweetness of the strawberry. I also recommend the coconut almond but that one is very sticky, FYI!

Vitacost Ancient Grain Blend
Alright, don't get me wrong this is a great product but I don't think I will be re-purchasing. Here's why: it takes 70-75 minutes to cook! I just don't have the patience to wait for something like that on my weeknights. It's great to make on the weekend and make extra if you want to just re-heat it during the week. It makes for great stir-fry instead of rice!

White Girl Salsa Hot Tomatillo
I honestly bought this just because I loved the brand's name! It made me laugh out loud. This is great quality salsa though! I love spicy and this did not disappoint! It left my tongue numb and felt like I could breathe fire. So this is not a salsa for the weak. It was pretty liquified so I do wish it had a little bit more chunk so it stayed on the chips better. I look forward to trying more flavors offered by the brand. They are often sold out so act fast!

I hope you enjoyed this Vitacost haul! Don't forget you can get $10 off your first purchase of $30 or more using my referral. If you use Vitacost and have product recommendations for me leave them in the comments! I love to try new foods. There will definitely be another haul because I seriously need some more coconut chips!! Have a great Saturday everyone and enjoy the last few days of 2014!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!