Effortlessly Host a Stella & Dot Trunk Show

Saturday, December 13, 2014

I've had this blog for almost two years now and by far the most popular post is the one about hosing a Stella & Dot party. Which I'm proud of because I know when I hosted my first one I had no clue what I was getting into. There were not blog post out there for me to read up on.

I'm now an old pro and them. I just had my third annual Stella & Dot trunk show at the end of November. If you're interested in buying any of the products my online trunk show is still running so feel free to make a purchase for yourself or a friend!

Since I've been doing these trunk shows for awhile now I'm back to share some more helpful hints!

1. Just do it. Stop debating about having a party or not. You have nothing to lose but everything to gain by hosting a Stella & Dot trunk show. Besides supplying refreshments for your guests (which is optional...but strongly encouraged) it costs NOTHING to host a show! There is an easy find a stylist search on the Stella & Dot website and between the two of you pick a date and time and you're all set!
My gorgeous Stella & Dot stylist, Beth Tucker!
2. Establish a relationship. Your stylist is the key to your success! My stylist for all three of my trunk shows has been the fabulous, Beth Tucker! I highly recommend her if you are in the Lehigh Valley area. Her social and customer service skills are above and beyond what you would expect. Over the years she has gotten to know my friends and I very well. This makes the trunk show much more personal. Beth even knows the majority of the pieces we own and helps us find new pieces based on our individual styles.

3. Get creative. I'm all about holidays and theme parties. Every year I host my truck show the weekend after Thanksgiving. Therefore, I make mine all about the next holiday, Christmas! I deck the halls and rock around the Christmas tree. Even my refreshments for guests are themed. I had everything from Santa hat brownies, Christmas tree fruit platter and reindeer rolo pretzels! To top it off I let guests get creative with a hot chocolate bar with various toppings to choose from!
Festive Holiday treats for my guests
4. Spread the word. Your stylist is going to set up an invite for you to electronically mail out to all of your guests. Setup an account through Stella & Dot so you can track your guests and personalize the invitation. You can also give people the personalized website to your online trunk show to friends and family who won't be able to physically attend. I always invite my sister who lives in California. She won't be able to attend but that won't stop her from shopping! You can even hide your address on the invitation and send it out via social media and people you've never met before can enjoy Stella & Dot! Remember, the more people that buy the more benefits you reap!

5. Keep in touch. Even after your party is over stay in touch with your stylist! Your stylist is there to help you anytime not just on the day of your trunk show. I've contacted Beth plenty of times after my party to ask her opinion, how to get the most out of my rewards or even for sneak peaks of the new collections. Your stylist might also offer sales of retired or discontinued jewelry from their personal collection at a discount. I recently pick up these retired serenity drop earring from Beth for only $17 (originally $34)!!
Sparkly earrings from Beth's retired collection!
 I hope you found these tips helpful and that you have already signed up to host a trunk show of your own! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, I'd be happy to address them or feel free to reach out to Beth! Stay tuned to the blog for more Stella & Dot posts! Since I just finished my third party I've got hostess credit to spend! Have a great day and remember to send positive out to get positive back!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!