Rave & Review: Vitacost Haul #2

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Hello, Hello, HELLO!! I am so sorry for my disappearance on this blog! Good news, my Marketing class is over for the semester (I GOT AN A!!) and so I have more time to devote to you! I just need time to get the blog idea out of my head and onto the blog, is there an app for that? I'm gonna have another Vitacost haul after this one, a BIG Target haul, a Stitch Fix review and MORE! Ok but let's start with the task at hand...

VITACOST HAUL #2!

There's the loot from this round of shopping! If you're not familiar with Vitacost, you're missing out! It's basically an online health store open 24 hours for your shopping needs. They sell everything from non-perishable food to beauty products to supplements and vitamins! Sometimes I find items to be cheaper in the grocery store but sometimes the connivence of at home delivery overrides the minimal price difference. You can check out my first Vitacost Haul here. Sorry I don't have individual photos for the items this time, just a fun group shot!

Quest Nutrition QuestBar Protein Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Case of 12
I think everyone that follows me on instagram knows I have a QuestBar addiction so no surprise I bought another case from Vitacost! I like buying the QuestBars from Vitacost because it's the same price for GNC gold card members, which I am not a member. It's $24.99 for the case. I highly recommend the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor as well as the cookies and cream that I bought from my last haul! I don't use these bars as meal replacement they are usually a P.M. snack for me.

Kozlowski Farms Old Fashioned Pumpkin Butter
I was always turned off my apple butter because I used to work at a day care that used that for a snack sometimes. When you see something that comes in economic size or see babies eating it...it can easily become a turn off. Years later, I've decided to give pumpkin butter a chance! This butter is delicious! It's full of flavor with various spices but not overpowering that you don't pick up the pumpkin. I had spread this over banana walnut muffins and added it to plain Greek yogurt for a treat! It's $4.99 for a 10oz jar.

Arrowhead Mills Organic Sprouted Wheat Berry and Quinoa Flakes
I can't remember the last time I had cereal but I was craving it but I didn't want any of the sugary crap they sell in the grocery store. I decided to comb through Vitacost and found this sprouted variety. I like to eat sprouted varieties when it's available as sprouted grains and seeds are better for digestion. Anyway, you have to purchase at least two boxes so that's why there are two. I've already consumed one box by putting it in plain Greek yogurt or mixing it with the berries I bought and enjoying with almond milk. The flakes are reminiscent of frosted flakes minus the sugar. They are very bland so I like to add cinnamon for flavoring. Each 10oz box is $4.19.

Navitas Naturals Organic Sun-Dried Goji Berries
I tried goji berries for the first time this summer in NYC at Oatmeals (a.k.a. the best place ever) and they were oddly delicious. I've never seen an actual goji berry as I've only seen them in their dried form. They are rather hard but then when you bite into them they are very tacky and get stuck in the ridges of your teeth. Sometimes I get one that is very sour but most of the time they are sweet. I've enjoyed these by adding them to yogurt or trail mixes. I bought the 4oz bag for $5.59.

Navitas Naturals Organic Mulberry Berries
This was the first time I've tried mulberry berries for myself. I always see Healthy Italian using them in acai bowls, cereal and yogurt so I wanted to give them a try. They are no where near as delicious as the goji berries. They don't have much flavor if you eat one berry at a time. You almost need to eat a few to get some kind of taste. The texture is grainy but they are easier to chew than the goji berries, less tacky. I will not be repurchasing these but I will finish the bag, I hate wasting food. I bought a 4oz bag for $5.69.

That concludes my Vitacost haul #2! If you have any questions or suggestions of how I should use using any of the products I bought leave them below! If you want to try Vitacost for yourself and get $10 off your first purchase of $30 use my referral code! Like I said, get ready for more blog posts coming your way! Have a great weekend!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!