Rave & Review: BOOROO Nancy Boots

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Hey friends! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your friends, family or both! I know I enjoyed the downtime before I start my new job. Even though the majority of my family is close by we don't always have the opportunity to get together. I have two little cousins and I enjoy spending time with them the most because for little kids they have a pretty good sense of humor. My sister wasn't able to come home this year which was sad but I know I'll be out to see her soon.

Usually, we go around the dinner table and talk about what we are thankful this year. I have a lot to be thankful for this year with a new job on the horizon and my dedicated friends like you who read Haute in Hell! I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. I never thought anyone would read this blog. I thought that it would be like an online diary for myself. It means a lot to me that people from all over the world read my blog and tell others about it. Thanks to your support I will continue to blog away until I know longer shop...HAHA like that will ever happen!

Alright on to the shoe review! As you've seen from previous Target hauls, I am a shoe addict. I used to have a really nice high heel collection but after having foot surgery I've cut back. I know people don't find flats as attractive as high heels and sometimes that's true. But flats are 10x more comfortable than heels any given day. I recently had the opportunity to work with a local (Reading, PA) start up company, BOOROO! I want to be upfront that I did receive the boots for free but the following are my own thoughts and opinions.

OK, I know what you're thinking so let's all say it together...1...2...3... "They look like UGGs!" Yes they have a striking resemblance to UGG boots but they are so much more. Upon first glance, after getting them out of the box, I noticed the two tone sole. I really like that and it makes it stand out from it's competitor. I also like the buckle hardware as compared to a dainty button used by their competitor. The great thing about the buckle is that it actually works, it's not just for flair. There are three notches, so you can adjust if you have bigger or smaller ankles.
Let's talk materials. Each boot is made with waterproof suede, my Nancy boot is in the color hickory. The fact that these boots already came waterproofed is AWESOME! I remember being so excited to wear my UGGs when I first bought them but couldn't wear them yet because they had to be waterproofed. So congrats BOOROO for making a ready to wear shoe! Now, to be fair, I have not tested just how waterproofed they are. We have had clear skies here in PA so for right now I'm taking their word on it. Recently, we did have a major snow storm but I did not go out during the storm.

Next, the most important material of all, the sheepskin lining! BOOROO is all about bringing their customers quality for less. They use 100% natural, sustainable, biodegradable Woolmark® wool. The amount of lining put in each boots is 17 - 18mm which is the typical amount in other brands. However, when I tried the BOOROOs on I thought the lining was much thicker than any UGG boot I've owned. I would always be able to wear socks with my UGGs (I know you're not supposed to) but there was no way I could comfortably wear the Nancy boots with socks. As I wore the Nancy boots (barefooted) for my Saturday morning errands I felt a spring in my step, they definitely have a softer foot bed than their competitor. The temperature was low but my feet stayed warm with all of the lining. The best part, no sheep are harmed in the making of the boots. The sheep are simply sheared of their luxurious wool coats.
Wait, it gets better! As a socially responsible company, BOOROO donates one meal to Servants with a Heart for every pair of shoes purchased! They also help fund local soup kitchens in the US. The fact that I can get great quality shoes that are fashionable (sorry, TOMS) and help others in need makes this company and their products a win-win! I think everyone knows what they are getting for Christmas this year...
Right now, my only complaint is that I wish the box was a little bit bigger so that the boots lay nicer and don't over lap as much. I like to store my shoes in their boxes to protect them when I'm not wearing them. Like I said before, I haven't owned the boots long enough to test their waterproofing or how long the wool will stay plush. I also am curious to see if the side where the buckle is will start folding down. That's what happened to my Bailey UGGs, and I didn't like that at all. Time will tell so I'll keep you updated!
Thanks BOOROO for opening my eyes to such a great quality shoe that also enhances someone else's life! I can't wait to purchase other styles! Don't forget to follow BOOROO on facebook, twitter, Pinterest and instagram to stay up on the latest styles. Ready to purchase your own stylish pair? Use the code FIGHTHUNGER to receive 40% off your pair of boots ($55 or more)! I hope you enjoyed this review and will get a pair of your own or buy a pair for someone for Christmas! If you buy a pair let me know which style you went with and use #HauteinHell or comment below!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!