Gold & Turquoise Eye Makeup Tutorial

Friday, August 15, 2014

Happy Friday, everyone! I don't know about you but I had a very busy and productive Fridays but it completely drained me. To be honest, I'm already in my hoodie and sweats. I'm declaring a night IN for this lady!

Anyway, I decided to go a little daring with my eye makeup today and wanted to share it with you! If you're following me on Instagram than you already know I have a Sephora haul post coming! In that haul I got a new eye palette and eye liner which I will be featuring in this eye makeup tutorial.

Let's get started! Now, I'm only showing you how to get my eye makeup look. I don't really wear foundation so I don't have a full fledged "makeup routine." I'm sure one day I'll start to care about the lines and blemishes on my face but right now it's whatever.

This tutorial is going to take the eye shadow up to your brow line so make sure you have nice clean eyebrows. I quickly tweezed any hairs and smoothed them down. Usually for work I don't both filling in my eyebrows but with this look taking the eye shadow so high, I went and filled them in lightly with my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brown Whiz in Taupe (formally called Ash Blonde).

Next, I prepped my lid for eyeshadow with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer in Original. I always curl my lashes and use two coats of mascara next. Because my lashes are so long I usually get mascara in places I don't want and it's easier to clean up before I put the eyeshadow on. After applying mascara, I applied Honey Pot from my new Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection. I applied this gold shimmery eye shadow all over the lid and even took it up to the arch in my brow for full on color. After I cleaned up the fallen eyeshadow, it was time for the liner. I lined my lid very thinly with Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Dark Brown. After that I used my newest eyeliner, same brand as the Dark Brown but Turquoise! I lined my entire waterline with the turquoise and took it out past the sides, creating a cat eye.
{Side Note: I felt like the turquoise liner did not stay as bright as it was when I first put it on in the morning. It did not perform to an "all day" wear like the dark brown color.}

And there you have it, my latest make up tutorial! I normally don't do my makeup this wild for work but I was looking for something fun and different. This a unique look that takes very minimal effort to achieve which is perfect for those rushed work mornings! I hope you enjoyed it and plan to try it out for yourself. If you have any questions about any of the products I used just leave me a comment below!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!