Beth Bakes: Quick & Easy Healthy Recipes

Thursday, August 14, 2014

It was Easter when I wrote my last Beth Bakes entry! YIKES! I'm sorry I haven't logged on and shared any of my recipes lately. I always post my food pictures on Instagram so if you see something you like just leave a comment for me and I'll make sure I make a blog post with the recipe!

I decided it was time to make a Beth Bakes entry after posting my dinner Wednesday night! I got lots of comments on how yummy it looked and so I want to give you a chance to make a yummy salad for yourself! All the recipes in the post are easy and not time consuming, perfect for weeknight dinners or lunches.
Southwest Turkey Salad with Healthy_Italian's Taco Greek Yogurt Dressing

Ingredients:
Salad:
3.5oz Turkey Cutlets
2 cups Organic Spinach & Spring Mix
1/4 cup Shredded Red Cabbage
1/4 cup Frozen Corn Nibblets
1/4 cup Black Beans (rinsed)
3 tablespoons Pico De Gallo

Dressing:
1/8 cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1 tablespoon Taco Sauce

Cook the turkey until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Chop up (or rip like I did) turkey into manageable pieces. In a small bowl had a dash of chipotle powder, chili powder and Mrs. Dash southwest chipotle blend. Add your turkey to the bowl and mix around until seasoned. Next assemble the salad with your spinach & spring mix. Next add the rest of your toppings in an artful way on top of the greens. In a separate bowl mix together the yogurt and taco sauce until incorporated then add to the top of the salad and enjoy!

This salad was 260 calories.

Greek "Pizza"
Ingredients:
1 pita (I use Joseph's Flax Oat Bran & Whole Wheat)
2 tablespoons Chipotle Hummus
3 oz Fully Cooked Chicken Breast Strips
3/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 of a Cucumber (mine was small because it was homegrown)
1/8 cup Sunflower Seeds, unsalted

Warm the pita in the oven at 400 degrees for 2-3 minutes, keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn. From the oven, take the pita and apply the hummus as your "pizza sauce." Next layer on your toppings and finish with the seeds and enjoy!

This meal was 283 calories. Best. Low. Calorie. Pizza. EVER!

Colorful Veggie Side
Ingredients:
1/4 cup Frozen Corn Nibblets
2 tablespoons Pico De Gallo
1/4 cup Shredded Red Cabbage
3 oz. Green Beans

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and add your favorite seasonings. I like everything spicy so I used chipotle and chili powders and pepper.

This side dish was 71 calories. I paired it with a 4 oz. chicken breast.

Healthy_Italian's Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Muffins
Ingredients:

1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
3/4 cup Oat Flour
1 cup Organic* Unsweetened Applesauce
1/3 cup Sugar Free Maple Syrup**
1/3 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1/3 cup Liquid Egg Whites
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Raisins

Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl. In cupcake tin, pour out oat mix evenly. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes until firm and golden brown.
*I didn't use organic applesauce, it's not a necessity. However, do make sure it's unsweetened.
** I omitted the maple syrup when I made my batch to reduce the calories. I found that I didn't need/miss the maple syrup!

With my alterations to the recipes each muffin is only 94 calories!!

Zoodles with All Natural Chicken Sausage
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup zucchini
1/2 cup pasta sauce
1/4 oz sun dried tomatoes
1 link sun dried tomato chicken sausage

Take the zucchini and use a spiralizer to make your "zoodles." Place the zoodles in a non stick pan (I used a wok, actually) with the pasta sauce and heat up over medium heat. While the zoodles are cooking, throw chicken sausage on the grill until charred. Place the cooked zoodles and sauce in a bowl and season with Mrs. Dash's Italian seasoning and stir. Cut and distribute the sausage on top of the zoodles and add the sun dried tomatoes. Lastly, add some dried parsley and enjoy!

This dinner was 188 calories.


That's all my recipes for now! I have found quite a few recipes using protein powder in various treats so be on the lookout for some of those recipes to come! If you have a preference of more recipes you'd like to see be sure to leave them in the comments! Until next time, have fun in the kitchen!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!