Beth Bakes: Healthy Indian Inspired Recipes

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Hey Friends! Get ready to drool as I show you some delicious, easy, healthy meals to prepare during the week or entertaining for friends on the weekend! I recently saw the movie The Hundred-Foot Journey and left the theatre craving Indian food. I highly recommend the movie, it was charming and maybe you'll get inspired to get a little adventurous in the kitchen too!

I definitely came out of the movie inspired and created three fun recipes to spice up your weekly kitchen routine! I've got everything from pizza to side dish to main course. Let's get started!

Chicken Tandoori "Pizza"

Makes 1 personal pizza, 245 calories*

1 Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita
3oz. Cooked Chicken
1/8 cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1 tsp Tandoori
1/8 cup Mango (I used frozen)
Red Onion (as much as desired, I used 25g)
1/4 cup Fat Free Mozzarella
Cilantro (as much as desired)

1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Mix Greek yogurt, chicken and tandoori together in a bowl.

3. Caramelize onions in a skillet, then set aside.

4. Spread chicken and yogurt mixture over the pita.

5. Assemble the onions, mango and cheese on top of the pitas as well.

6. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.

7. Remove the pizza from the oven and garnish with cilantro.

8. Slice and enjoy!


Grilled Pork Chop with Hot Mango Chutney and Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower
Makes 1 serving, 243 calories*

1 Boneless Pork Chop
1 Tbsp Hot Mango Chutney
1 cup (100g) Cauliflower
1/4 cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1 tsp Tandoori
1 tsp Chili Powder

1. Turn the broiler to low on the oven.

2. Grill pork chop (I used a grill pan) until it reaches desired internal temperature.

3. In a bowl combine cauliflower, yogurt and spices. Mix until cauliflower is evenly coated with yogurt.

4. On a foil lined (for easy clean up) baking sheet place the cauliflower and broil for 15 minutes or until edges get crispy and golden.

5. Arrange pork and cauliflower on a plate and top pork with hot mango chutney. Enjoy!


Curry "Rice"
Makes 1 serving of "rice" and falafel, 340 calories*

1 cup (100g) Cauliflower
2 Tbsp Water
1 tsp Curry Powder

1. In a food processor, gentle chop cauliflower until it looks like rice.

2. In a non-stick pan (I actually used a wok) add the "rice," water and curry powder and stir until "rice" is even coated. Continue to heat until warm.

3. Place rice on a plate as a bed for your protein. I chose to use falafel to complete my meal.

*I don't count spices into my calorie count as they are usually zero or insignificant.

There you have it, my recipes inspired by Hollywood! Let me know if you try any of the recipes out yourself. If you post them on twitter or instagram be sure to use the #hauteinhell so I can see your beautiful dishes! Be on the lookout for my Target haul later this week!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!