LOFT Holiday Deals Haul w/ a *Bonus Purchase*

Thursday, December 12, 2013

You have to park a mile away from the mall, screams of small children meeting Santa for the first time ring your eardrum and people's stupidity is at an all time high. Ahhh, must be Christmastime!

The one good thing about the holidays are the sales. I've never been much of a Black Friday shopper because I don't like all the chaos. However, this year I got an email from the LOFT that said everything was 50% off. Since there is a LOFT nearby that didn't involve going to the mall I took a chance.

I walked in and found one of my favorite stylists at the LOFT and told her I was looking for holiday outfits. My job usually has something casual right after our December faculty meeting and then my neighbors are hosting a holiday party this weekend.

Shirred Boatneck Blouse - Daring Red - $49.50 ($24.75 Black Friday price)


I fell hard for the blouse on the hanger so it's a no brainer that it looked even better on! The color is a deeper red than your traditional Rudolph's red-nose red. The blouse is plain but I love that because it allows me to dress it up or down with jewelry or scarves. I'm a big fan of the long sleeves instead of 3/4 sleeves on blouses. The boatneck collar to the shirred details around the neckline and the cuffs, it's perfection. I am wearing a regular XS.

Super Skinny Jeans - Black - $69.50 ($34.75 Black Friday price)


I also got my first pair of black skinny jeans. I don't know what took me so long! After scoring jeans at the last LOFT sale I wanted to pick up another pair because they fit me so well. My stylist talked me into black jeans. You know what they say... It's true I don't think I'm ever going back. Every inch of your bottom half shrinks when you're in these skinnies! I am wearing a size 0/25. These are meant to fit snug, don't go down a size because they will give a little once you break them in!

Spotted Sequin Shell - Black - $49.50 ($24.75 Black Friday price)

I must admit that I have a pretty close relationship with many of the LOFT stylists, as I shop there on a very regular basis. I was in the back room combing the stock shelves of new product, during the friends and family sale, and noticed this top. They would have sold it to me then and there but I said I would wait. I'm so glad I waited, because 50% off is better than 40% off!


This top is fun because it has dots, sequins and stripes. It's classic with my favorite colors, black and white. It's very versatile so I look forward to wearing it to work and then play! It's got the blouse material in the front but a comfortable cotton, solid black back. I imagine wearing this to one of my holiday outings with bright red blazer! I'm wearing it in a regular XS.

Reversible Faux Fur Jacquard Popover - Black - $49.50 ($24.75 Black Friday price)

One of the sales associates at the LOFT was wearing this popover with a plain black blouse. It looked stunning, so I had to have one too. However, the LOFT I was at was out of them. All day I tried to get it off my mind but I couldn't shake it. I called the LOFT up at the mall and they had ONE left! I put it on hold and it was love at first wear.


This fur number is reversible so you can wear it all fur or with the jacquard print showing. But the styling opportunities don't end there! It features three snaps. You can open it a little, open two and create a collar or close all three and roll it down. It's endless fun and looks great with a blouse to dress up or even over a crewneck hoodie for some fun on the weekend running errands! It's super warm too, no matter how you wear it. I highly recommend this accessory for the winter!

Tipped Tweed Open Jacket - Bead Brown - $89.50 (I paid $3.70)

I don't know a girl that doesn't dream of owning a Chanel tweed suit in her closet one day. Well, I know I'm not near that dream anytime soon so I decided to get the next best thing, this open jacket from the LOFT!


Now, technically I didn't get this during Black Friday but I got in for a steal so I wanted to include it in the haul. The jacket has four little pockets that continue with the black piping all around the jacket. Even though it's described as "open" it does have one hook and eye closure at the neckline. The jacket is fitted and will look great at a business meeting but also out with the girls for some champs! You can even wear this to a holiday party as it has glittery, gold thread woven into the tweed.

If you noticed above I only paid $3.70 and I'll tell you how! During Black Friday and Friends & Family sale you could earn savings reward cards. I racked up quite a few of those and used one on this jacket while it was 40% off last weekend. I also had a $25 gift card, and that my friends is how I did it.

BONUS PURCHASE!

Last weekend my mom and I went to the local outlets after receiving a mailing from the Coach Factory store. I have never bought a handbag from a Coach Factory store. I've always just bought little accessories like scarves or headbands from factory stores. I used to work for Coach during college so I got my handbags 50% off from the full-price stores.


However, after this weekend I am now the proud owner of a Peyton Cora Domed Satchel! I was drawn to the dome shape of the bag. I don't own anything like it. I also loved the size. It's a roomy bag but nowhere near the size of my Coach Carly bag or my Tory Burch Amanda Hobo. It's got the signature c's but instead of the fabric it's a coated canvas which seems more durable. It also included a shoulder strap if you wanted to wear it cross-body. The color (love the pop of red on the Coach tag) resembles a Louis Vuitton but the price doesn't even compare!

The best part is that I only paid $106.47! The bag was red tagged $279 but the store was running a 50% off deal with an additional 10%. I told them I got a 20% off coupon in the mail and they said I would be able to use that too! After all discounts it came down to $100.44 (then add 6% PA sales tax)! How could I not pass up the opportunity?

Overall, I'm very happy with my holiday purchases and think I scored great deals on all the items in this blog! There is no shame in scoping out the best deals via email or using coupons sent to your house! Hope you enjoyed this blog and don't forget to let me know the great deals you scored in the comments!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!