Friday Fingers!: Christmas Party Nail Tutorial

Friday, December 20, 2013

I know that everyone likes to get festive around Christmas and pull out all their red and green outfits. Don't stop there! Decorate your finger nails too! Here is a simple way to glam your nails for the holiday. I actually wore these nails for a Christmas party I attended last weekend during the big snow storm that hit the East Coast.



What you'll need:
Your favorite holiday red nail polish
Your favorite gold nail polish
Gold glitter top coat
Clear top coat

1. Paint all of your nails, except for ring fingers, your favorite shade of red. I chose to use essie limited addiction. I love this red because it's not a true red but it's not your deep wine color either. It's somewhere in between and I love it.

2. Paint your ring fingers with the gold nail polish. I didn't own a gold nail polish so I went to my local Ultra to browse my options. I found I liked glitzerland the best. It was a nice shade of gold with fine glitter in the polish. (I'm going to do another Friday Fingers! featuring OPI glitzerland.)

3. Next use the clear top coat (I used my go to essie good to go) over the red polish nails.

4. Use the gold glitter top coat (I used Sephora by OPI only gold for me) over the gold nails. The chunky glitter in the top coats adds a subtle appeal to the party nail. However, the chunky glitter is always the hardest to get out of the bottle so it's hard to tell in the picture.

Holiday manicure - essie limited addiction and OPI glitzerland
I hope you enjoyed this very simple holiday nail tutorial! Be sure to check back next week to see how I'll be wearing my nails on Christmas day! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!