LOFT Friends & Family 2013 Haul

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I attended a private shopping event at my local LOFT. These private shopping events are awesome and I usually wind up going overboard! The guest list includes the store's top spending, fashionable women. We gather together in-store after hours, eat, drink and do what we do best, SHOP! This event was in conjunction with their Friends and Family discount, 40% off. But you could also use any other coupons you had, I had 20% off coupon so you'll see that reflected in my prices.

Now let me show you the loot I scored!

The mission of the evening was to stock up on work apparel. I lost some weight and none of my work pants and skirts were fitting me properly. I found the gorgeous flannel mini that works well with flats and riding boots for work. The shift style is sliming and classic, sure to be a staple in my closet for the next few years. The flannel skirt is not only warm but comfortable. However, one negative, it does wrinkle very easily. Back on the positives, the skirt has pockets! 


The skirt fits true to size, I am wearing a size 0. I highly recommend adding this skirt to your wardrobe. The skirt is regularly priced at $59.50 but I got it for $28.56 (40% off with an additional 20% off). 

Marisa Trouser Leg Pants in Crepe & Pearlized Lace Collar Shell
I'll start with the work pants. I desperately needed these pants. I personally like the Marisa fit the best. The Zoe is a close second, but sometimes the style is too tight, I do work at Catholic school after all. Anyway, this "crepe" color comes in all three styles, Marisa, Julie and Zoe. The color is a beige gray and very neutral so it goes well with just about everything. The regular inseam works perfectly with flats or heels, depending on my mood. The pants fit true to size, I'm wearing a size 0. They are regularly priced at $79.50 but with both discounts, I paid $25.44! Had they had more patterned or different colored pants I would have stocked up at that price.



This shell is a new favorite of mine. Pearls and other embellishments are being featured on a lot of LOFT clothing. I decided to try the pearl route. During the evening, I tired this top on. While it was gorgeous, I just didn't see it getting a lot of use. The long sleeve top is very formal and will not transition well into summer.

My LOFT stylist had suggested I try this shell instead. They did not have it in store but ordered it from the other local LOFT and had it shipped for free to my house. When it arrived I was unsure. However, once I put it on I instantly fell in love. I love the Peter Pan color with crochet and pearl accents. It's a very feminine top that I look forward to wearing now and in the summer. One negative, it is very sheer so remember to wear a nude bra or use a camisole underneath. The top fits true to size, I'm wearing an XS. This top is $49.50 and I got it for $29.70 (no extra 20% off because I had to order it from another store). 

Corduroy Shift Skirt in Rustic Port & Leaf Pattern Open Stitch Sweater
I don't know about you but I LOVE corduroy during the fall and winter seasons. They are warm, stylish and a great alternative to jeans! I also can get away wearing corduroys to work! I picked up the skirt for both work and play (cute with tights and riding boots). This skirt was in the sale section and with the extra discounts it was a no brainer this was going in my keep pile. I love the deep wine color, although I really had my eye on the navy blue but they no longer had my size available. It's shift style skirt much like the flannel. It fits true to size, I am wearing a size 0. The skirt was originally $54.50 was in sale for $44.99 then with both discounts it wound up being $21.59.



Alright, now for the heartbreaking news. This sweater is no longer available (The style # is 326183 if you're feeling lucky and want to call around). I had a feeling this might happen because a few days before the event I had my LOFT stylist try and locate it for me. She tried a million different LOFT stores from east coast to west coast and no one had it. I decided to wait to see how much damage I did the night of the event before ordering it online. Well, I just couldn't live without it and the possibility of it selling out made me want it even more (not going to lie).

The sweater is supper soft and the leaf print pops when you wear a black tank underneath. Besides the open stitch I also love that the sweater features a wavy hemline. The only negative I have about the sweater is that it sheds. As I previously mentioned, I wear a black tank underneath and it is always covered in fibers. The sweater fits true to size, I am wearing XS, however I probably would have liked the size Small for more of an oversized look. It was priced online at $69.50 but with the 40% friends and family discount I paid $41.70. 

This blouse was another item that I had been stalking online weeks before the event. It was heavily featured online on a model, but I couldn't find it anywhere online to purchase. Luckily, my LOFT stylist had this in store and placed it on hold for me. I love the skin tone color with the dark contrast of the flower pattern. I know I will get plenty of use for both work and play. It's a longer style blouse, but not long enough to cover your butt. Besides the fun print it also features a boatneck and a keyhole in the back. 


While the style is supposed to be loose and flowy, I moved into petite sizes to achieve the right fit for me. I am wearing a small in petites (if you'd like to try petites for a better fit, take your regular size and go up a size in petites). This blouse is normally $59.50 but I paid $28.56 with both discounts.

Last outfit, who else is sad? I got another blouse that will transition well from day to night, work to play. I love to wear black, so obviously I was drawn to this top. The fun feather print makes it very playful. This blouse also features a ruffle detail as well as nice pleating down the front. I enjoy the 3/4 sleeves as it sets it apart from other blouses in my closet. The blouse was true to size but I chose to stick with the petite size small just because I noticed a slight silhouette difference.  It was originally priced at $59.50 but I paid just $28.56!



While my focus was on work apparel, I decided to treat myself to a nice pair of denim. With losing weight, most of my skinny jeans look like boyfriend jeans these days. I am so in love with these jeans. The fit is just right, hugs my curvy hips and stays slim on through my legs. The color is also the coolest color I have seen for fall. The beautiful mauve color acts as a neutral and goes with the majority of my wardrobe.

LOFT never disappoints in the colored denim! While the mauve color is no longer available in the modern skinny, it is still available in the curvy skinny jeans. I welcome you to try the other colors though too. I would have bought the gray color, if I didn't already own a pair from GAP! The skinnies fit true to size, I'm wearing 25/0. The denim was priced at $59.50 but was already on sale for $44.99 and with both discounts, I paid $21.59!!

I wanted to get this post up ASAP because I got an email from LOFT (code: Enjoy) yesterday that they are having a site wide 40%! I wanted you to be able to get my looks for around the same price I did! Time is running out to make a purchase on my online Stella & Dot trunk show, don't forget a sparkly accessory to go with your new LOFT purchases! I hope you enjoyed this haul and as always, happy shopping! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!