Friday Fingers!: Essie Fall 2013 - Cashmere Bathrobe

Friday, November 8, 2013

Hello Friends! I've been having a great week so that makes Friday even sweeter! On Wednesday, I treated myself to a nail polish binge at Ulta, so I'll have plenty of Friday Fingers! to come. I also hope to have some more tutorials coming your way with the holidays fast approaching.


For now I would like to talk about another color from the essie Fall 2013 collection, cashmere bathrobe.  First of all, amazing name! I will be putting a cashmere bathrobe to the top of my Christmas list. However, then I might never get out of bed for work.

This is my first gray nail polish, surprisingly. I was drawn to the color because I own nothing like it. Also, I think gray nails are a perfect transition color before we get to the deep, dark hues of winter. This gray isn't your ordinary matte color because there is micro glitter in the polish. As with other essie mirco glitter polishes, the glitter shows up better in the bottle than on your nails.

Essie cashmere bathrobe - Fall 2013
In order to get the full effect of the mirco glitter you should be in natural light. I found that the natural light picked up the glitz of the glitter the best. Above is a photo of my hand by the window, during the day. You can see the bottle shimmering bright but if you look closer you can also see all the glitter on my nails.

The polish covers nicely in just two coats and a top coat. The polish wasn't streaky at all and was smooth to apply, even with the mirco glitter. This glitter is so fine that you don't notice a texture on the nail after it's dried. The although this color is in the fall collection I can definitely see myself wearing it again in the winter.

Essie cashmere bathrobe - artificial light
That's it for this Friday Fingers! It's now time to enjoy my weekend. I've got some fun holiday decor ideas to show you and I've got a haul that is loooong over due! I'm heading to a private shopping event at the LOFT next week, so I'm sure I'll have another haul soon! Enjoy your weekend!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!