Banana Republic, GAP & Old Navy Fall 2013 Haul

Monday, November 11, 2013

Hey friends! I have not posted a haul in a loooong time because I was watching my spending and really trying to stay focused on saving. However, I caved. I got most of the things on sale so I wasn't too bad, right?

I'm apologize for the lateness of this blog but with my past internet issues I kept having to delay this post. I will do my best to locate these items online for you. On the bright side, if they are still available they are most likely in the sale section now so you can get a good deal.

Banana Republic

Bold Houndstooth Pencil Skirt

Banana Republic Houndstooth Pencil Skirt
I typically don't shop at Banana Republic on a regular basis. Not because I don't like their clothing but because the price point is not always in line with my budget. However, I now had a reason to shop there. Back in August I received an envelope in the mail from Banana Republic.

Letter from the President of Banana Republic, Jack Calhoun.
Inside the envelope contained a card. The card was actually a letter from the President of Banana Republic, Jack Calhoun. The letter simply said how he missed my business and with a new collection launch he hoped I would visit the store and check it out. Attached to the card was also a $15 gift card. No strings attached, no spending limit, just $15 to spend as I pleased at Banana Republic.

To be honest, I have no idea how I got this mailing because I am not a card holder, I don't get their emails or catalogs and am not a regular shopper. However, I'm not complaining because I never turn down free money (ok, I do have some limits...).

Anyway, I bought the houndstooth skirt with my $15 gift card from Mr. Calhoun. I had to steal the skirt off the mannequin (Size 0) but it was so worth it. I love the big, bold houndstooth print, it is classic and elegant all in one. I see this piece being in my closet for years to come. It was priced at $89.50 but with my discount I paid, $74.50.

The skirt is neutral being gray and white so I like to pair it with a wine colored blouse for a pop of fall color. The blouse is from Target, as seen in my Target fall haul. I have also paired it with a plain black blouse for a more polished look. The skirt is a great fit and very flattering. I highly recommend.

That's all I got at Banana Republic. I wish my dear friend Jack would send me more money in the mail!

GAP


GAP Printed Drawstring Shirtdress with arrows
Again, I don't typically shop at the GAP either mostly because I don't shop at our local mall, where the GAP is located. I live closer to an outdoor shopping center and prefer to do my shopping there or online. Anyway, I stopped in and noticed this arrow print in a bottom down shirt. I thought it was adorable and as I progressed I noticed that the print was featured on this shirtdress.

Paired my GAP shirtdress with Target ankle boots
I love this casual but put together look of a shirtdress. I am wearing a XS but I have to pull the drawstring pretty tight to make sure it defines my waist so I don't look boxy. However, when you pull the drawstring, it shortens the dress. When I wear this to work I make sure to pair it with tights so I can get away with the length (slightly above the knee, when drawstring is pulled). I love pairing this dress with my ankle boots from Target.

Old Navy


Old Navy Button Down and Crew Neck Sweatshirt pairing
I love a good preppy outfit and to me the button down and sweater combo is a classic. However, the new trend is instead of a sweater you layer with a crew neck sweatshirt. Most sweatshirts available this fall are embellished with jewels or lace. The great thing about this look is that you can wear these items together or separate. I love flannel shirts on their own so I was excited about adding another one to my collection. I'm wearing an XS button down and Small sweatshirt.

Finish the look with cranberry skinny cords from the LOFT
Don't be afraid to play with color. I paired the look with cranberry super skinny cords I bought last year from the LOFT. Since the top half can get bulky with the layering it's best to pair the look with a tight bottom such as skinny jeans or cords or even leggings.


Embellished tees will never go out style
The t-shirt screamed adorable at me in the store so I knew I had to have it. The rose gold sequins are my favorite part of the shirt. This shirt can be worn on it's own with it's all over sequin dot pattern or can be layered with a cardigan and/or scarf. I am wearing a XS.


You'll get a lot of wear out of this shirt so I highly recommend it. However, I do have one complaint. The shirt does shed. I've only worn it once to work and once outside of work and I noticed a new sequins on my bedroom floor. The shirt is machine washable but I highly suggest hand washing to preserve the sequins, unless you're good with a needle.

[Side note: Every time I wear these Michael Kors flats someone always asks if I bought them at Marshalls. I did not, I got mine at Macy's for full price. But when I hear a good deal I like to share it with others so go and get my flats at a discount at Marshalls everyone!]

 MK flats - so comfortable

Boyfriend Cardi with Sequin Elbow Patches
I got this cardigan when they where the item of the week. All boyfriend cardis were available for $20. Every lady in my family got one! My mom and sister opted for the classic boyfriend cardigan but I wanted a little sparkle so got the sequin elbow patch style. I actually have a sequin elbow patch sweater on my Pinterest board and now I own one!

Boyfriend Cardigan from Old Navy
The sweater is thin, so I wish it was thicker but for $20 I can't complain much. I love the length because it covers my butt for when I want to wear it with leggings. I opted to get a size up (Small) because it was pulling around my hips when I buttoned it. I love the blush color as it goes great with just about everything.

I hope you enjoyed this long over due haul and got some inspiration! I should have a few more hauls coming your way in the next few weeks. I will also be showing you my first Stitch Fix package. Never heard of Stitch fix? Check it out here. Until next time!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!