Beth Bakes: No Bake Skinny Dessert Dip

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Where does the weekend go?? Nonetheless, hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. Today wasn't my usual stay in bed and watch TV all morning though. It was Baby Palooza! I attended a baptism in the morning and a baby shower in the afternoon. Both events were for dear high school friends and it's always a blast getting back together with them! Below is a photo of the christening and the other photo is the result of giving a bunch of ladies play doh and allowing them 5 minutes to make a baby.



Two weeks ago, I started making Sundays my dedicated day to share recipes of my own and recipes that I've found via Pinterest, The Food Network and favorite food blogs. This week will be no different.


I was on Pinterest looking for dessert dips to satisfy my sweet tooth when I came across a new blog, Undressed Skeleton. Taralynn's recipes are easy and healthy. She adds great photos along with her commentary that make you drool. I found her recipe for 2 ingredient cookie dough dip and knew I had found my treat for this weekend!

I mixed my dip right in the Cool Whip container
As always I tweaked her recipe just a tad but it still remains low in calories! I recommend starting off with Taralynn's recipe and if you like her version great but if you need a little extra follow my small tweak.

What you'll need:
1 box of Cherrybrook Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (I found mine at Giant in the Nature's promise section)
1 (8oz.) container of Fat Free Cool Whip (thawed, takes about 4 hours)

1. In a medium size bowl, add 8 ounces of Cool Whip and 1/3 cup and half of 1/3 cup (105g) of cookie mix. (For the lazy: I mixed mine in the Cool Whip container. Eliminated the clean up and gave me instant storage)

2. Stir completely. Try not to over mix and make the Cool Whip too thin.


3. Serve with graham cracker sticks (highly recommend the back to nature brand), wafer or shortbread cookies (I used Murray Sugar Free brand), pretzels or even a chocolate chip cookie! Enjoy!

Close up of the delicious cookie dough dip
Serves about 8. Calories per 1oz. serving (just the dip): 97 calories.

Let me know below in the comments if you have a favorite dessert dip that is low in calories. In the meantime, I think I'm going to try the brownie dip also featured on Taralynn's blog. Have a great work week!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!