July 4th/Summer Sale Haul

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hey everyone! Hope your week is flying by...my week seems to be moving slow because I will be on vacation next week! More on that later...

Right now I want to tell you about the awesome deals I got during the 4th of July weekend sales! While the sales have expired, most of the items are still available at discounted prices or full price. Let's begin!

I first went to J.Crew. I haven't shopped at J.Crew since my parents stopped buying my clothes. I just can't swing it on my budget now that I have moved out. However, when I get an email about a sale, I jump on it. The deal was you got an extra 40% off the sale price.

I wore this outfit to work today
I got this blue and white striped sleeveless blouse in the J.Crew sales rack. It's thin and see-through so I layered a white camisole underneath. I paired it with a paper bag waist skirt previously purchased (years ago) at J.Crew.


I wore this outfit to a birthday party over the holiday weekend
It was and has been extremely humid here in Pennsylvania. Over the weekend, I had a day party to go to in the city. I knew I should dress cool so I wore the thin blouse and wore a lace bralette underneath. I then paired it with white, lace shorts from LOFT (last year) and a gold J.Crew belt (years ago).

The shirt was originally priced $68. It was then marked down to $49.99 and then once more down to $29.99. I paid $15.29 after the 40% off sale and an additional 15% off (college student discount).

Next, is my favorite purchase of the entire haul. This seersucker pencil skirt with neon orange accent. As you can see online, this skirt is not on sale but my store had it in the sales rack! It always pays to go to the store because you never know what great deals you'll find!


I paired this skirt with just my old Target v-neck because I was feel lazy (sorry!). I would most likely pair this skirt with a crisp white shirt to wear to work. The great thing about this skirt is that it's timeless, seersucker never goes out of style!

This skirt was originally priced at $110 but was reduced to $69.99 on the sales rack. I would have bought it at $69.99 because I loved it so much. I paid $35.69 after 40% off sale and an additional 15% off (college student discount). I mean, what a steal!!

On my way back from the birthday party I stopped at a shopping center outside of Philadelphia. Traffic was a mess and I need a break from sitting in my car. I went to the GAP and got this really pretty dress that I had my eye on online but they were out of my size.

The GAP was giving up to 40% off on select items. Dresses were 30% off.

Blue and white striped v-neck dress from The GAP

This blue and white striped dress is very comfortable and the gathering at the waist is very flattering. It's a simple yet timeless staple for any closet. Easy to dress up for work and dress down for play. I love to wear blue to make my eyes pop, sorry that this is the second blue and white striped item in the haul! The dress was originally $59.95 and with 30% off I got it for $41.96.

I made my way home and headed to see what my local shopping center had to offer. I had heard from a friend that Banana Republic was also having a summer sale. The deal at Banana is an extra 50% off the ticketed price.

It was hard to find items in my size there, very picked out. I found three tops but only bought one. Here is one top I tried on and was really sad to leave behind. It was a beautiful shade of yellow but extremely see-through, I could even see my nude bra thought the shirt.

Fun blouse from Banana Republic
I purchased this navy blue and green blouse. I wore this to work this week as pictured above. The navy blue and green really pop when paired with the white capris. I would also wear this blouse out on the weekend with some white jean capris for a more casual look. The top was originally $69.50 and was marked in sale for $54.99. I paid $27.49 after the 50% off discount.

Lastly, I stopped in at my tried and true, LOFT. I had been getting emails all weekend that tanks, tees and shorts were 60% off.

LOFT tie tank with coral shorts
I got a cute tie tank with a pocket. I came in for the striped version but it is so popular it was sold out. The sales associate then showed me it came in all black and I liked it even better! It's casual but fun with the details of the tie and pocket. The tie tank was originally $29.50 but 60% off I paid $11.80! I also got the coral shorts as pictured above (practically matches my nail polish). The shorts were originally $39.50 but 60% off I paid $15.80!

Fun printed skirt from LOFT
Last item of the haul is this fun patterned skirt for $20! Right when I walked in to my left there was a rack of fun printed skirt and a sign that said $20. I knew it was a steal and had to find my size. This black and white paisley print was the only one in my size but I figured it would go with anything so I added it to the bill. I dressed the skirt down with my Target v-neck but you could dress it up with a nice blouse as well. The skirt was originally $49.50.

Hope you enjoyed this summer sale haul and that you are rushing out to your local stores to see what's left on the sales racks!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!