My Style: Spring/Summer Bedding!

Monday, June 24, 2013

I can tell July is around the corner because it's getting hot and humid here in Pennsylvania! Fortunately, I have air conditioning in the house. However, it doesn't always keep me as cool as I'd like. My house gets the afternoon sun. The upstairs, with fewer vents than downstairs, has the tendency to get warm.

With that said I got rid of my down comforter and duvet for the warmer months! My Dad would say I just made the excuse that it's hotter upstairs just so I can get something new. Normally, this is true. However, I promise I really needed it Dad!

Happy Chic by Jonathan Adler tag
I found my new bedding online at JCPenney. I am not a regular customer at JCP but they are really working hard to revamp their image and it got my attention. I went on the site and discovered that one of my favorite designers has a collection at JCP!

My new bedding is from the fabulous Jonathan Adler. My fall/winter duvet and euro shams are also Jonathan Adler but from his regular line. If you're curious about my fall/winter bedding check out my Stella & Dot Collection video or go here to buy. In case you like my headboard, it's Ethan Allen.

Pattern side up!
Jonathan Adler has a line called Happy Chic at JCP. It's very fun yet classic much like his own work. I ordered the Elizabeth quilt. He has two different duvet sets with the name Elizabeth as well. Besides the great name (sorry had to), what drew me in was the fun colors and pattern. I know the pattern is similar to the fall/winter duvet but I can't help it, I like what I like. The fun shades of blues add color to my harsh white walls.

Navy blue side up!
The queen size quilt came with two standard pillow shams for the price of $140. I had to buy the Euro shams extra. Each Euro sham was $38. I had a coupon and got the quilt for $119 and both euro shams for $64.60 plus free shipping! Plus, the quilt is reversible (2-for-1) and the Euro shams can reverse too (never ending options)!

I was very pleased with everything when it arrived. I didn't read that the quilt came with two standard shams so I was pleasantly surprised! I was also surprised that the Euro shams came with pillows! At first I thought $38 for each sham was a little out there but once I saw they came with a pillow, it all made sense.


The quilt is soft and just the right amount of warmth I wanted. The colors are just as vibrant online as they are in person. I highly recommend making a purchase from Happy Chic at JCP or on Jonathan Adler's site. 

The more pillows the better!
After I received the order, I got an email with a coupon for 20% off my next purchase. My next purchase is going to be this 18" pillow to complete the bed! It's very popular and has been back ordered every time I check back!

I hope you enjoyed this blog and that you'll check out all that Jonathan Adler has to offer! Now I'm going to take a nap in that wonderful bed I've been blabbing about!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!