Friday Fingers! Essie Neon Collection 2013

Friday, June 7, 2013

We made it to another Friday Fingers! I've had a busy week so this Friday feels well deserved. As you all know I work at a school and tonight was graduation. Congrats to all the seniors in the Class of 2013!

Tomorrow I'm getting together with my extended family and that always means good times! We are heading up to our private fishing club for a kids fishing contest for my cousins! Anyway, on to my nail polish.

I happen to know that fish love pink, so I went with the brightest, boldest pink in my collection, boom boom room. Boom boom room is from the new neon collection from essie. I am obsessed with this color! This is the ultimate pink.

Essie boom boom room


Essie recommends that you paint a thin coat of blanc (essie's opaque white polish) before you use any of their polishes from the neon collection. They say it makes the neon color come to life and give an extra pop.

Apply a thin coat of essie blanc
After the thin coat of white nail polish dries you can then apply your choice of neon color from the collection. Boom boom room was a thick formula but still applied very nicely. I did the normal two coats and then topped it with essie good to go top coat.


The photo on the left shows the polish in artificial light and the right side shows the product in natural sunlight.

This color is Barbie approved, for sure. Out of all of the pink nail polishes I owe, this will easily be my favorite. I loved the color so much I even put it on my toes this week. I don't think you need to apply the white for this color to pop, so if you don't owe white nail polish don't run out and buy it. The only other color I might get from the 2013 neon collection is dj play that song (vibrant purple).

Hope you enjoy your weekend and make the most of it!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!