My Memorial Day Weekend

Monday, May 27, 2013

I don't normally share a lot of my personal life with you because you mostly just come here for the fashion and beauty hauls. But I had the best Memorial Day Weekend and if you don't mind I'd like to share the details with you! If you do mind, skip this post but I've got an exciting product review so check back this week.

The newly married couple!


As you know from my Friday Fingers!, I had a wedding to attend. This wedding was between two of my friends. I knew the groom growing up because we both attended the same Catholic grade school. The bride and I worked together at a day care during our high school years. We now live the the same town and have reconnected like time was never lost between us.

Clockwise: Venue, table details, wedding favor (homemade jam!), the bride and I and their first dance.
Their wedding was on Saturday and despite the 20 mph winds it was a beautiful ceremony and reception. The bridesmaids wore kelly green while the groomsmen wore khaki suits with kelly green ties. The venue theme was rustic country. The table runners were burlap, beautiful rose and green hydrangea bouquets graced the tabletops and homemade jam as the wedding favor. Congratulations again, Kristin and Mike!

Now, I will share the details on what I wore to the ceremony and the reception. Since there was enough time in between the wedding ceremony and reception I decided to wear different dresses.

Makeup, purple ceremony dress, black and white reception dress and jewelry I wore to the reception.
I kept it simple at the ceremony. I wore a dress I got at Macy's a few summers ago. It's a t-shirt top with a ombre full skirt attached and a black ribbon to cinch the waist. I wore an old pair of Jessica Simpson black patent leather sling backs. I wore my normal everyday jewelry and simple eye makeup.

For the makeup, I used a new mascara. I've been using Rimmel London Scandal Eyes in the orange tube but when I went to buy a new tube I saw a new version. It's Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Show Off, it comes in a purple tube. I might have to do a review on it because I love it so much, it makes my eyelashes look fake! The I used Urban Decay Snatch on my eyelids.

The reception dress is from Ann Taylor, but it no longer on their website. It was one of Kate Hudson's picks so it sold out pretty quick. I got the dress during a 50% off dresses sale. I paid $75. It was the wrong size so I had a seamstress take it in for $35. The dress fit to my body and I still paid less than the dress was originally priced. I paired the dress with Lauren by Ralph Lauren sandals. The jewelry was earrings from Francesca's, bling stretch bracelet from Kohls (Simply Vera Wang) and the Christina Link bracelet from Stella & Dot.

For the makeup, I used Urban Decay Snatch all of the lid. From Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette I used Fuzzy Handcuffs under my brow, Lap Dance in the crease (not shown in picture), French Tickler as my eyeliner (top and bottom) and in the outer v and I used In the Buff for the inner corners. I kept my Scandal Eyes Show Off mascara from the daytime makeup.

Side view of my hair
My hair for both looks was done by one of my high school graduates from last year. She teased the hair at the crown to give a bump for volume. Then took my sides and braided them back. The rest of my hair was curled to complete the look.

On Sunday, I got together with my extended family. Minus my sister who is enjoying her MDW in California with her boyfriend and another couple. My uncle and I were dominating everyone in bean bags.

Then today, Monday, I got up at 5a.m. to go fishing with my Dad. We had an amazing breakfast cooked at the private lake by my favorite chef, Dee Dee! Her husband made a delicious non-dairy smoothie for me to wash my hash browns, toast and ham and cheese egg scramble down. He even gave me a little extra to take on the boat! As if I wasn't ready to burst at the seams, Dee Dee packed me the best pound cake I ever had, Almond pound cake, for a snack. My Dad and I took to the boat for the rest of the morning, early afternoon. Fishing was slow so I only caught two pickerel and five blue gill.



Thank you for all the men and women who serve our country! Let me know how you spent your MDW!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!