Mother's Day 2013

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there, especially my Mother!

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful and caring Mommy. She sacrificed a lot staying home to be with my sister and I when we were little. Now she works full-time and is pursuing her Doctorate, Dr. Mom! My Mom was cool back then and she still amazes me today! Even though we are no longer under the same roof, I'll always be her baby girl! I love you, Mommy!

My Mom, my sister and I! That's me in my Mom's belly in the top middle!


Today, we started the day off with Brunch at my Nana's nursing home. My Nana is my Dad's Mom. Her nursing home has brunch often and my Dad and I have become regulars at these types of events. This Mother's Day Brunch consisted of my Dad, my Nana, my Mom, my Uncle and myself. The nursing home staff was giving a carnation to everyone with a uterus. My mom said hey you don't get one you're not a Mom. However, I quickly reminded her that I am a proud Mother to a fur-baby, Lucifer.

Before brunch, I did give my Mom her gift and card. This year I got my Mom a beautiful fringe scarf from Vera Bradley. She loved it and was already planning an outfit around it for tomorrow. Success!

After brunch, my mom and I decided we needed to walk off all the food we ate so we went to our local outdoor shopping center! Here are the items I picked up along our walk:

Vera Bradley Beach Towel

Vera Bradley beach towel in sun valley
I love Vera Bradley beach towels! I know the $35 price tag might catch you off guard, but let me explain why it's worth it. First of all, the towel is 100% cotton! It's super soft and very absorbent when you need to dry off from your dip in the pool. The colors are vibrant and don't fade from the sun's harsh rays. These towels also wash nicely, unlike most towels these come out of the dryer super soft the way you bought it, they don't get scratchy. This is my second Vera Bradley towel and will most certainly not be my last!

Women's Beaded-Yoke Tank

Beaded tank top from Old Navy
My Mom and I stopped in Old Navy because she had coupons and was looking for a new pair of flip flops. I wasn't in the market for anything but that doesn't mean something won't catch my eye! This tank caught my eye. While it's just your standard casual tank the beading is what really makes it special. I know I'll get use out of this top for work and play. The top is loose fitting and I got a size x-small.

Women's Striped Halter Bikini

Red striped bandeau bikini from Old Navy
I know I usually try clothes for hauls but I'm just not one of those girls that takes selfies in a bikini. Sorry! I know I don't NEED another bathing suit but I've never owned a red bikini before. Every summer I pick up at least one new bikini, it's a bad habit! This bathing suit it simple with the tie dye like stripes and that's what really made me like it. Wearing red is a big enough statement so you don't need to go crazy with bold patterns, the stripes are just perfect. I love separate bikini pieces because I always need a bigger size for my bottom, I've got some curves. I got a small in the top and a medium in the bottom. Each bikini piece was $15 each.

Black Chandelier Earrings

Black and gold chandelier earrings from Francesca's
I popped into Francesca's to browse their jewelry. I have a wedding to attend at the end of the month and wanted some new jewelry to go with my new dress and shoes! These earrings are very feminine and delicate. The length is perfect, not too short but not too long. I will be able to wear these earrings long after the wedding. They are very comfortable as well, not heavy at all. The earrings were $14. I was unable to find a bracelet but I've still got time and if not I've got plenty of Stella & Dot jewelry to choose from!

I ended the Mother's Day evening with cooking my Mommy dinner. I made Shrimp Salsa and Zucchini Pizza! Both recipes were simple and easy to prepare. I never liked to cook until I found Skinnytaste recipes. Hope you enjoy Gina's site as much as I do!

Skinnytaste shrimp salsa

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!