LOFT Spring/Summer 2013 Haul

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

This week I am bringing you my first LOFT haul. Let me make that clear, this is my first documented LOFT haul. I have been shopping at the LOFT for about two years faithfully. I've made friends with two of the sales associates and they hook my friends and I up with private shopping events and special discounts!

I love the LOFT for their clothes but also for their constant sales. When I shop for clothes I look for versatility. I want clothes that I can wear but also wear out after work. The LOFT is constantly having sales during the week and on weekends. It's not just 15% off either. It's almost always 30% - 40% off!

Recently, I shopped there for their Friends and Family event. The whole store was 40% off! I didn't go crazy like I normally do at these sales because most of the items I was looking for were sold out in my size. I did most of my shopping online because sizes and styles were limited in store.



LOFT straw beach or pool tote
This tote caught my eye as I was in the check out line. Thank God there was a line or I may have bypassed this! I recently got rid of one of my beloved pool bags and so I was in the market for a new one. The regular price is $39.50 but I paid $23.70 with the F&F discount.

Wearing my LOFT straw tote bag
I love the color combo of the neon yellow and navy blue with a hint of hot pink of the thin leather straps. But what sealed the deal was the hot pink wristlet inside! The wristlet clips to the inside of the bag but can be detached to wear on it's own. Both the bag and wristlet are made of this soft (not scratchy) straw. Can't wait to bring this to the beach, pool or on a shopping trip!


White yoke top with black printed cropped pants
I work in a school that has no air conditioning, however my office does have A/C it doesn't always feel like it. I like to wear capris and cropped pants in the spring and summer months so that I can look professional but still be comfortable when I don't feel like wearing a skirt or dress. These pants are very comfortable and fit just below the waist. I got them in a size 2, my typical size when it comes to the marisa fit. I purchased the pants in store and they were priced at $59.50. With the F&F discount I paid $35.70.

Back view of my LOFT cropped pants
I purchased the shirt online for $20.70 (originally $34.50) and got an x-small. I was apprehensive about buying my tops online because recently LOFT has been making very loose fitting top and the x-small as been too big. This top is nothing special but I am keeping it because I have a few pants and skirts that will dress it up and make it more exciting. Online it looks like a blouse almost and when I got it, it was cotton.


Henley Shell from the LOFT
This top is one of my favorite purchases from the haul. It's loose but not completely shapeless. I am in love with this cobalt blue color, it makes my baby blues light up. Another great detail of the top is the three buttons in the middle. The sides are split so it allowed me to tuck in the front to show off the cute buttons on the shorts but leave the back untucked. I paired this top with LOFT ikat print shorts from last year.

LOFT henley tank untucked
The shell was priced at $44.50 originally and I got it for $26.70 with the F&F discount. I purchased this top online in a size x-small.


Neon pink shorts from LOFT
I saw these shorts in store but they were almost sold out in all sizes. I immediately went home to purchase and they were sold out of my size so I bought them in petite. This is my other favorite purchase and I can't wait to wear these out! Since I bought them in petite I got a size larger than I wear in regular. I did this because I was afraid the length might be too short on my long legs. However, I was wrong. The size 4 petite is a little bit big (the length is fine) but I am keeping them because I love them too much to not have them at all. These shorts were priced at $39.50 and I purchased them for $23.70.


Lightweight button down from LOFT
This shirt is the perfect weight for a button down for Spring and Summer. Not to mention the beautiful color will go great with a tan! I am contemplating buying the shirt in yellow as well. The shirt is a tad see through. When I wore it to work I layered a camisole underneath. For work I paired the button down with a j.crew paper bag waist skirt in a dark khaki color. In the photo, I am wearing the shirt with LOFT eyelet shorts from last year. The price of the shirt is $54.50 and I paid $23.70 and ordered an x-small.

I made one more purchase online. It was another pair of shorts. However, when they arrived I did not like the color. The color to me looked more like a navy blue and when the shorts arrived they were definitely a plum. I returned them in store and did not get anything in it's place.

That's it for now! I hope you enjoyed this LOFT haul and get ready for many more! Comment below if you made any great purchases during LOFT's Friends & Family Sale!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!