Target Spring/Summer 2013 Haul

Monday, April 29, 2013

I want to start off by saying if you're not clothes shopping at Target you are missing out! Target is delivering the hottest looks for way less than the competition.

People ask if I like the low prices of Target why don't I shop at Forever 21. Well, there are a couple reasons. First, I get a panic attack every time I'm in there because there is no order, it's complete chaos. Second, there are too many people in there trying to maneuver through the tight isles and scrummage around the racks. Third, the clothes can be too trendy and I want clothes that can last more than a season (talking about style and quality). Lastly, their return policy sucks to put it bluntly.

Let's get back on track. I did some shopping in store and online this time! I have a dress, two skirts, and two tops to inspire you to get out and spruce up your spring/summer wardrobe. I didn't have a lot of time when I took the photos so I'm actually not wearing shoes or jewelry. Please forgive!


Mossimo stripe sleeveless dress
This dress caught my eye every time I went to Target. However, I just didn't have the occasion to wear it. Finally, April came along and I needed something to wear to the school's big fundraiser. After much searching the racks I found it thrown in the clearance rack (however it was still regular price).

Trying to show the high low hem
The dress is stunning with black and white stripes with a gorgeous splash of cobalt blue around the bottom and around the arms. The dress is slightly a high low hem. It's a close body fit up top but loose and flowy on the bottom. The only size left was a 4. While I like the 2 would have been perfect the size 4 wasn't too big either. I purchased the dress for $27.99.


Mossimo two tone skirt
I found this skirt the same evening I was combing the racks for the previous dress. What immediately drew me to this dress was the color contrast. I love the medium blue mixed with a see through ice blue on the bottom. The skirt is completely comfortable with the loose, light fabric. The front waist band is smooth but in the back it is elastic. The highlight of the skirt is that there are POCKETS!

Side view of Mossimo skirt 
I dressed this skirt down with a cotton tank top but I also wore it to work with a crisp, ruffled, white short sleeve blouse. I bought the skirt in a size small. I bought the skirt for $22.99.


Xhilaration illusion skirt
This skirt was not available at my local Target. The target does it again ladies rave about the skirt so I knew it had to be awesome. It wasn't until I found it at a Target near my place of employment that I knew I had to have it. I didn't buy it that day but last weekend I purchased it online. I purchased the size small since this is juniors clothing. I paid $19.99 for the skirt.

Side view of illusion skirt
The skirt is glamourous without being over the top. I could easily style this up or down. I styled it down  with the same cotton tank from the LOFT in the last look. With some chic sandals I will have nailed a cute bo-ho chic look. The skirt sit comfortably at my waist and the fabric is so lightweight I almost forget I am wear a maxi skirt. If there is one thing you purchase from this haul...let it be this skirt. You will not be disappointed!


Crochet jade top from Xhilaration
This top was a random purchase. This top has not caught the eye of the Target does it again ladies so you saw it here first! I was search the Target website looking for something else to add to my shopping cart to get the free shipping incentive. This top was just enough to get me there! I ordered the small even though it looked wide from the pictures. I bought the top for $16.99.

Close up of crochet detail
This top is a casual weekend tank. I love the laid back vibe I get from the loose fit but the dainty, feminine touch of the crochet overlay. I paired the tank with my boyfriend jeans from the LOFT. This would be my go to outfit for a casual Sunday hanging with my friends on my porch! What started off as a top just to reach free shipping status is now going to be my favorite tank of the summer.


Back of Xhilaration crochet blouse
I saw this top get posted on instagram from the Target does it again ladies. I then went mad looking at every Target I came across and online for it. I found it online but it was sold out. Last weekend it was available and so I pounced at the opportunity. I ordered the blouse in a small and paid $19.99.

Front view of crochet blouse
The blouse is very sheer. I will wear a camisole under it if I decide to wear it to work. However, when you are out of work, wear it however you like. The front is a plain blouse with no buttons, just a v-neck with a collar. However, when you turn your back you see the beautiful crocheted back. It's like a mullet, business in the front, party in the back. Yes, I just referred this top to a mullet. The only complaint I have is that it's a high low top. The top is almost too high. I sometimes feel like my stomach will be exposed. I wish it had a little but more length to it.

That's my latest Target haul! Hope you found something that you can't wait to add to your Spring/Summer wardrobe. Stay tuned I will have a LOFT haul from when I shopped their Friends & Family sale!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!