Lay's Flavor Finalist - Cheesy Garlic Bread

Tuesday, April 9, 2013


We have finally reached Part 3 of my Lay's "Do Us a Flavor" review. Today, I am reviewing cheesy garlic bread!

Just like the bag of chicken & waffles, I did not purchase this bag of chips. My mom found the chips at her local Weis Markets. I was unable to find chicken & waffles or cheesy garlic bread down by me so I sent my mom on the hunt for them too. Since I did not purchase the chips I am unable to let you know the price.
Bag of cheesy garlic bread chips


On to the physical appearance, the bag is sunny yellow in color. My brain is thinking yellow for cheese just like it was thinking red for spicy sriracha. I'm sure that wasn't their intention but it's the way my brain functions.

For those of you that are health conscious... the cheesy garlic bread chips have 160 calories per 17 chips. For comparison, Lay's regular potato chips have 147 calories per 20 chips. All three of the chips are more calories than the original.


The ingredients for the cheesy garlic bread chip seasoning are exactly what you think. Cheese and garlic powder! There are actually five different cheeses: Cheddar, Parmesan, Swiss, Monterey Jack and Gouda. There is also paprika extract and a few other ingredients but they aren't standouts.

When I opened the bag of chips, it smelled like I had opened a bag of Cheetos instead of a bag of chips. I couldn't wait to get a taste...I love cheese!

Cheesy garlic bread chip seasoning
The taste is clearly cheesy garlic bread. The taste of cheese exploded in my mouth and left me reaching into the bag again and again. While I found myself enjoying the chip, it made me think. Why wouldn't I enjoy this chip? They added one of my favorite foods to an already delicious snack.

With that said, while I found the chip irresistible I also found it to be unoriginal. I actually don't know why it took Lay's so long to add cheese to a potato chip. This is why my vote out of all three would be for sriracha. The sriracha chips were delicious and more adventurous than cheesy garlic bread.

If you missed it, check out my Sriracha and Chicken & Waffles reviews! Don't forget to try all three for yourself...you have till May 4, 2013 to cast your vote!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!