Drugstore Beauty Haul!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The ladies at the Chanel counter know me by name, I'm a proud V.I.B at Sephora and I know my way around the MAC counter. Yes, it's safe to say I love designer makeup as much as the next girl. However, I also love a good deal. Lately, I've been buying beauty and makeup not from behind the counter but off the shelf! The following are some recent budget-friendly purchases that I made.


I wasn't in the market for a new lipstick. But when my sister +Jessica Kern showed up to a family event wearing this bright pink lip stick I was intrigued. It was from the Kate Moss for Rimmel London collection.

Lasting Finish Matte lipstick by Kate Moss - Color 113


I went and explored all the colors and finishes at Target. The two colors I went with are 113, a nude, and 101, a mauve. The nude color was great when I first bought it because I was really pale and it just made for a simple lip. Now that I have some color on my face the color doesn't do much for me. I am hoping once I get tan that I'll be able to use it again. The mauve color is beautiful. It's a your lips but better color. It makes your lips a soft pink, purple tint that gives you just enough color for day or night.  Each lipstick was only $4.64!

Lasting Finish Matte lipstick by Kate Moss - Color 101
The lipstick goes on smooth and is easy to apply. My favorite part about this lipstick is the smell. There is a fruity smell when you open the cap and when you apply the lipstick. One complaint, the collection has a lot of red shades. I love a red lip but I am too low maintenance for it, so I found it hard to find two non-red colors I liked. Another complaint I have is that it's not lasting finish. I do find that I have to reapply throughout the day/night. However, that won't stop me from buy more at that extremely affordable price!


I had a coupon for any gud from Burt's Bee's item. I had seen this brand from the target does it again ladies but had never used it myself. Once I got the coupon I knew I had to try it. With the coupon the body wash was $4.99.

gud from Burt's Bee's Pearanormal Activity - body wash
I decided to try the body wash. The gud line consists of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, hand cream and so on. The brand also has five scents to choose from in most of the products. I chose pearanormal activity. The scent is a mix of pear and acai berries, light and refreshing. I only wish the scent stays with you longer. Perhaps if I use the matching body lotion I will get my wish. The body was comes in a 10 fl oz. bottle, which compared to my other bottle in the shower is small.

My favorite things about the body wash is that there are no harsh chemicals! There are no parabens, phthalates and petrochemicals, to be exact. The body wash is also the best lathering body wash I have come across. I can cover lots of ground with the amount of suds it produces from one little squeeze.

I think I will repurchase. Next time I'll try another scent and then also get the body lotion to see if it will help make the awesome scent last longer.

Cynthia Rowley Band-Aid

Band-Aid Collector's Series - Cynthia Rowley
I'm always in need of adhesive bandages. I cut myself shaving on a regular basis. My normal go to is the Hello Kitty Band-Aid and as I was reaching for them, this other box caught my eye! It was a collector's series Cynthia Rowley (American fashion designer) edition.

The adhesive bandages come in fun different prints such as, a chain pattern, sequin covered and pictures of Cynthia's runway shows. The box contains two sizes, 10 of each size, just like every other standard box of Band-Aid. All the Band-Aid brand adhesive bandages were on sale for $2.28 each. I left with both Hello Kitty and Cynthia Rowley.

I can't wait to accessorize with my new fashion inspired adhesive bandages the next time I get a boo-boo!


I've been using Olay moisturizer for a long time. Recently, the Olay moisturizer was making my skin look oily. Not a fan. I went to Sephora and they sales associate hooked me up with an awesome moisturizer that was fast drying so it didn't make the skin look oily. However, a few days in my skin was getting irritated (I have sensitive skin).

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer - SPF 15
That's when I went back to the drugstore to comb the shelves. I've heard Aveeno is great for sensitive skin. I browsed my options and landed on their positively radiant daily moisturizer.

I love the way the lotion makes my skin look and feel. The lotion is clinically proven to improve tone, texture, brown spots, dullness and blotchiness. I noticed in a few days that my skin had a healthy glow to it and that my skin retained moisture all day long. The lotion also has SPF 15 which is a most when I'm looking at moisturizers.

I didn't notice any breakout from switching brands, it's oil free, hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic (whatever that means). My skin is happy and I'm happy too!


I have been assistant coaching the girls lacrosse team at one the area high schools. We started practice the first week of March and are still playing. If you're from Pennsylvania you'll know we had a very cold spring. Lately spring has been showing it's face for a week and then takes a vacation only to send the cold and wind in it's place.



This cold weather and wind is not good for my sensitive skin. Needless to say, I got these terrible wrinkles under my eyes from the extreme wind. Since I'm in my twenties I found it unacceptable to have wrinkles and dry skin under my eyes.

I ran out to Target and took to the shelves looking for an anti-aging product to reduce the wind effects. That's when I found the Olay Regenerist Anti Aging Eye Roller. It had gotten terrible reviews online but I gave it a shot anyway. I'm glad I did because the product really went to work on my wind damage.

You use the product twice a day and roll the product under your eyes for 30 seconds. I found the relaxing roller balls de-puffed my eyes, the product reduced my wrinkles to make them almost disappear and it took away the dry skin I was having under my eyes. I think the product got such bad reviews because people are looking for a miracle.


Those are all the products I have at the moment! Hope you enjoyed my opinions! Stay tuned, I have an exciting new brand of natural products to introduce you to and many spring/summer clothing hauls to come!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!