Friday Fingers! *Easter/Pastel Tips*

Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy Good Friday! We have made it to Easter weekend! For this edition of Friday Fingers I wanted to do something with spring colors without going blown Easter (a.k.a. no chickies on the digits)! Which brings me to the pastel tips...

Pastel tips for Easter


I'll take you step by step how to get these nails for your holiday weekend!

What you'll need:
Nude nail polish
As many pastel nail polishes as you'd like
Scotch tape
Top coat (optional)
Essie Quick-E Drying Drops (optional)

Everything you'll need
Step one: Paint two coats of your favorite nude nail polish. I chose to use OPI Mimosas for Mr. & Mrs. (Soft Shades Collection) I only used two coats because I didn't want full coverage. I just wanted a "your nails but better" color and two coats did that for me.

Two coats later...
Step two: Make sure your nails are COMPLETELY DRY! This step is very important. I actually painted my two coats of the nude polish Thursday night and painted the tips Friday morning. If you don't have overnight like I did, use the essie Quick-E Drying Drops to speed up the drying process.

Step three: Get 12 - 15 small pieces of Scotch tape. You want to get more than 10 pieces of tape just in case you have any accidents or if they tape isn't sticking.

Line up the tape to make perfect tips
Step four: Have your two (more/less) pastel colors at the ready. Paint the open part of our nails in whatever color pattern you choose. I chose to go with a different color for my ring fingers. Be quick  and try and paint only one coat of polish. I used essie French Affair (Spring 2011 Collection) and for my ring fingers I used essie Mint Candy Apple (Winter 2009 Collection).

Using the tape makes for clean lines
Step five: Once you have painted all the colors, take the tape off immediately. Don't wait for the polish to dry with the tape on.

Step six: Enjoy your pretty pastel nails! Use a top coat if you'd like the look to last longer.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!