85th Oscars Fashion

Monday, February 25, 2013

Last night were the Oscars and I don't know about you but I am a sucker for awards season. My favorite part of awards season is the red carpet! I love seeing the glamorous and the "What the hell are you thinking!?" Let's get started!

Best Dressed:


5. Reese Witherspoon in Louis Vuitton
Anyone that knows me, knows I'm a sucker for cobalt blue! I love wearing the color because it makes my eyes pop! Love the train and the pop of black.
Steve Granitz/WireImage

4. Sandra Bullock in Elie Saab
This black and nude number is understated but elegant. I just wish Sandra would have done something different with her hair.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images

3. Naomi Watts in Armani Prive
I am obsessed with this neckline! So different and edgy with the metallic fabric as well.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images

2. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
What a show stopping dress! She looks like she is floating on a cloud. I'm biased when it comes to puffy gowns though. The back necklace or "backlace"complemented the dress as well. The only thing that would have made this better would have been pockets in the dress!
Steve Granitz/WireImage

1. Charlize Theron in Dior Couture
What a vision in white! The short pixie is hard to pull off but Charlize works it. Her confidence is through the roof in this dress! Work it, girl!
Michael Buckner/Getty Images


Honorable Mentions:

5. Jane Fonda in Versace
This lady has still got it! I applaud her for wearing the darning color. Yellow is my favorite color so I might just be biased. She makes being in your 70s sexy!
Jason Merritt/Getty Images

4. Kelly Rowland in Donna Karan Atelier
Kelly is my girl crush and she can do no wrong in my eyes! The hair is a little high on the head but other than that, no complaints. The dress is right on with the black and white trend.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images

3. Jennifer Aniston in Valentino
I know critics were saying that this dress was boring but I like it. I think Jennifer stepped out of her comfort zone with the style and color. We always see Jenn wearing black and body fitting dresses so this was a great surprise. She looked very happy.
Steve Granitz/WireImage

2. Jennifer Garner in Gucci
This wasn't a best dressed for me because the ruffles all the way up the back were too much. However, I love the color and who can say no to a $2.5 million diamond necklace! 
Steve Granitz/WireImage

1. Kristin Chenoweth in Tony Ward Couture
This small but mighty singer looked stunning as she interviewed stars on the red carpet! She made a black gown stand out in the crowd. I am also loving the sock bun! 
Jason Merritt/Getty Images


Worst Dressed:

5. Brandi Glanville in her own creation
This dress looks like it is ten sizes too small for her boobs. When Seth Macfarlane sang the song about seeing all the actresses boobs he should have thrown her in because you can practically see them all! Once you get past the top the bottom is just as worse with the shag carpet.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images

4. Nicole Kidman in L'Wren Scott
This dress was not for me. It looked like she was dripping with black ink and then attached some gold leafing to the top and bottom.
Steve Granitz/WireImage

3. Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive
I know everyone is loving this dress but I'm sorry I find everything bland. The dress, her skin and hair all blend in and do nothing for her. She looks like old Hollywood glam but that doesn't make it right. I would have loved to have seen her in a nice vibrant color.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images
2. Kristen Stewart in Reem Acra
I don't even know where to begin on this. The dress looks like a cat attacked it and then to fill in the holes that the cats ripped they added tulle. Her hair hasn't been combed for washed in weeks. I know she has some kind of injury but she looks like she is heavily medicated and can barely stand.  She should have stayed home.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images

1. Anne Hathaway in Prada
Well we all know what I'm going to say first, the boobs! I know those aren't really Anne's nips poking through, it's the darts in the fabric but it certainly looks that way. The dress is boring and dull and does nothing for her. Then when she turned around the bottom back was cut out and she had fabric "robe ties" around the back that looked like they are holding the dress together.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!